Blogs, social media, SEO, content, web design, user experience, email — there’s a lot that goes into a successful marketing strategy. But one area we continue to see a gap? Video marketing.
On the surface, video marketing may seem like a huge undertaking; it takes more time and money to produce than other forms of marketing. But, ultimately, it’s a trend other marketers are hopping on — and seeing a lot of success.
In fact, 85% of businesses today use video as a marketing tool, which is up from 61% in just 2016. And that’s not slowing down anytime soon, as 80% of all internet traffic in 2021 will be video traffic. In other words: It’s time to get on board with video marketing.
With that, we’re sharing the top 2021 video marketing stats that prove you need it now.
Video marketing works
Simply put: video marketing works. When done right, it works really, really, well. Although it takes more time to generate video content, it’s an investment that pays off. Here’s what we mean:
- 88% of video marketers say they’ve generated a positive ROI
- 93% of marketers have landed new customers through social media videos
- Video marketing can generate up to 66% more qualified leads per year
- Those who use video marketing can boost their brand awareness by 54%
- Videos have increased sales for 80% of video marketers
If that’s not enough to convince you yet, consider this: By 2022, it’s estimated that a whopping 82% of global internet traffic will come from video streaming and downloads — an 88% increase from just four years ago. The takeaway? There is virtually limitless potential in the future of video marketing.
Videos drive more engagement
While other marketing tactics are still crucial to a successful strategy, video sees a bigger boost in overall engagement than other content forms. In fact, consumers will retain 95% of a video message vs. 10% of those who read it. And when it comes to social media, video engagement is much higher (and more successful) than image engagement.
Take Facebook, for example. It’s no secret that it’s difficult to fight for attention on crowded newsfeeds. But one tactic that seems to be working? You guessed it: Video marketing. According to Databox, video ads on Facebook have generated:
- 20-30% higher conversion rates
- 2x increase in clicks
- 2-3x higher click-through rates
Your audience wants video
Because we know users are more engaged with video content, it only makes sense that they would want more of it. And that data certainly backs that up:
- 54% of users want to see more video content from marketers
- 60% of people would rather watch online videos than television
- People watch an average of 16 hours of online video each week, which is up 52% from two years ago – a 52% increase in the last two years
- 85% of all U.S. Internet users watch online video content each month from any of their devices
- An overwhelming majority of consumers (72%) prefer to learn about new products through video content.
Video can be used virtually anywhere
Video marketing doesn’t have to be limited to the more obvious channels like YouTube or Facebook. With a successful video marketing strategy, you can expand videos to paid ads, blogs, product descriptions, social media, and much more. Beyond that, you can get incredibly creative with the types of videos you generate and market. Videos like:
- Blog, recipe, and e-commerce videos (websites with videos are 53x more likely to reach the front page of Google)
- Product videos (97% of marketers say video helps users understand their products and services better)
- Social media videos (social media posts with video generate up to 48% more views & 1200% more shares)
Kick-off your video marketing strategy with V9 Videos
Ready to launch your video marketing strategy? Our sister brand, V9 Vids, is ready to help. Our ultimate goal: making video marketing accessible to you. In other words: we make the videos, you see the results.
Check out V9 Vid’s video marketing packages to launch your 2021 strategy now.