Want to work with a local SEO company here in Denver? We’d love the opportunity to win your business!
Located at: 1312 17th St #942 Denver, CO 80202
SEO in Denver – Overview
- Yes – Volume Nine is headquartered in Colorado and we’re willing to come meet with you at your office for meetings.
- SEO is the main service we’ve offered since we opened our doors in 2006 and we’ve helped more than 1,000 brands grow organically. View some of our SEO clients and success stories here.
- If you want quick pricing, time with an SEO expert to review your metrics or just some help navigating the SEO scene in Denver, reach out!
Here’s the deal, if you are looking for an SEO company in Denver, there are a whole lot of us…I mean a whole lot.
I’ve heard it can be a *tad overwhelming* for companies trying to find a service provider.
So, for the purpose of this content, I’m going to try and lay out the SEO scene for you here in Denver and answer all the questions/concerns I’ve had over the years.
First, to get it out of the way: yes, we all sound really similar and use all the exact words, and I agree it’s mildly frustrating. There’s also something you won’t hear a lot – we are not the best SEO company for every business in the area. I think we are pretty damn good at SEO (it’s the leading service we’ve provided since we opened our doors in 2006), but we also know who our competitors are and who does things well.
What we are suitable for: unique brands wanting to invest in your traffic & developing content.
Alright…on to laying out all the stuff I’ve been asked over the years:
Our SEO Pricing & Typical Denver Pricing
I get it; sometimes, you don’t want to sit through a sales presentation to get pricing. If you want quick pricing ranges, just ping us and we’re happy to send them over.
Why might it still be worth it to have us prepare a presentation for you? Our presentations are not standard capabilities decks – they are the best mechanism to show you what’s truly different about Volume Nine and why our pricing isn’t dirt cheap.
Every SEO client is paired with an SEO expert with multiple years of digital marketing experience. We deliver fantastic SEO results and retain the snot out of our SEO clients because we think strategically & cross channel, in addition to keeping websites up to date with SEO best practices.
Our sales presentations are a custom analysis and initial strategies for helping you succeed, plus an opportunity to meet and hear from the person you would be working with.
Also, if you are looking for other vendors, here’s a quick guide to pricing levels and what I’d consider dirt cheap:
- Less than $1,000 per month – Be afraid, be very afraid.
- $1,000 – $2,000 – You are probably looking at a package provider who has constructed packages to help small businesses.
- $2,000 – $5,000 – Pretty typical level for SEO companies that serve medium-sized businesses.
- $5K + – Enterprise level pricing or pricing for highly competitive spaces (e.g., Legal) – Some SEO companies won’t charge less than $10k/m).
Also, it’s good to note the cost of SEO is increasing. Hiring SEO talent in the Denver marketplace is very challenging at the moment, and many agencies are planning to do price increases into 2023
Buyer beware – SEO Companies to Avoid
Alright, it would be unethical to list out service providers who have gotten a bad rap over the years, but here are the things I’d recommend looking out for when you are interviewing service providers:
- Not getting to meet the person you will be working with before signing a contract.
- Companies that insist on sending you through a full technical audit because it’s their process. This isn’t necessarily bad (maybe you need a technical audit), but it is a good indicator of whether they have flexible methods. 90% + of the companies who ask us to start with a full technical audit don’t need one.
- Garbage content providers (I totally recommend asking for content samples).
- Giant companies which have set up a fake satellite office in Denver to trick you into thinking you are working with a local company.
- Companies that rely on a lot of link building, which is pretty risky for you if not done correctly. And by risky, I mean..is it worth getting kicked off Google for months while you pay some company thousands of dollars to do link reclamation on your behalf?
- Lame interpretations of what SEO & content optimization really means (some companies will call optimized page titles SEO and call it good).
Options for Getting This Done
- Freelancers – Likely, you’ll be paying lower per hour for high-quality SEO work. The big challenge: they are generally slammed, like to take huge chunks of time off, and generally need to be managed. The big concern is that it’s really challenging to differentiate the rockstar SEO talent from those who have learned how to talk SEO but don’t quite know what they are doing. Vetting SEO contractors can take a substantial amount of time.
- In-House – Experienced SEO specialists in Denver are (1) hard to hire and (2) not cheap. Also, it’ll be a tough sell if you aren’t offering a remote position. But if you have enough specialized SEO work in-house or have more of a culture of hiring in-house vs. something like an agency, this option can make a lot of sense.
- Agencies – Per hour, agencies can be a pricer solution. Any reputable agency is going to charge $125/hour +. But, agencies also are self-managed, focused on results (cause otherwise we’d get fired), and have the systems and processes in place to ensure that hourly rate is very efficient.
Other Service Providers To Talk To
This is not an exhaustive list; this is more of a shortlist of Companies that I know personally *and* who are really decent people (which I personally put a lot of stock in).
- HyperDog Media – Jim Kreinbrink is the owner and, frankly, is super talented at technical SEO. He’s also a downright lovely guy and a straight shooter. He also runs the Denver SEO Meetups.
- Elevation Digital Marketing – John Bailey owns this shop, and it’s an excellent solution for local businesses in the Denver area. He’ll travel to your location and is pretty good and local optimization.
- Inflow – Probably one of our biggest friendly competitors. We’ve probably been in the SEO industry in Denver for about the same amount of time. Mike Belasco is the owner; we’ve hired some of their former team, and they’ve hired some of ours. They focus solely on E-commerce. They’re good guys.
- Intergrowth – Pat Ahern runs this company – he’s got a background in link building and content development. They approach content optimization from a really similar perspective as we do.
As an agency, we don’t do web design – and honestly, this service rarely makes sense for agencies who are used to managing ongoing monthly projects. It’s possible some of the companies I mentioned above do web design, but doing a quick scan of their sites, I don’t think they do,
So here are a few Colorado designers I like to recommend:
- Jollity: Lauren Perfors built this website company. She’s a pretty impressive individual, and I really like her style. She knows her stuff, gets things done, and is always pleasant but efficient. She also designs exclusively in WordPress, which is a great CMS.
- Neon Rain: Arif Gangji owns this shop. They are a little pricier, but they are worth it if you have a more significant, complex site. They do an excellent job with website design but a fantastic job with web development, and as an SEO at heart, I feel that’s the right way to prioritize those 2 things.
- JHT Design: Jason Tucker is a solo entrepreneur who does excellent branding and design work. He did the design work for our site, and I *love* his narrative design process and how he thinks through the user experience.
- Apexd By Design: Alright, this isn’t a traditional web developer recommendation. Tish Gance owns Apexed by Design, and often, when companies are looking for a designer, they need to start with a branding expert. Tish does enterprise-level branding at a highly reasonable price.
Can You Do SEO Audits?
Yes, but seriously, you probably don’t need one.
Many people have this concept in their mind that a full audit is needed before you do anything else. What they are really looking for is an SEO strategy…technical audits rarely provide that.
What a technical SEO audit is excellent for:
- You are an eCommerce brand, not on Shopify or any other well-known Content Management System.
- You relaunched the website, and your organic traffic tanked.
- Organic traffic tanked, and you’re sure someone made some website update that corresponded to that.
Otherwise, having a complete Technical Audit is rarely cost-effective for brands we bring on. We recommend something more like a red-flag review, where we crawl, look for significant issues, and then move on.
Do you offer XYZ SEO Tactics?
If you compare more than 1 service provider, this is where we all will start to sound really similar. But yes, if it’s a specific tactic you want, we will likely offer it (unless it is a black hat tactic or something we don’t recommend).
Here’s a giant catalog of things I can think of off the top of my head that we’ve helped clients with, but if there’s something you don’t see on the list, ask. We’ve probably done it and can help with it.
- SEO Consulting
- SEO Strategy Development
- SEO Analysis
- SEO Competitive Analysis
- Keyword Research
- Google Ads Keyword Analysis
- Custom SEO Reporting & Monitoring
- Google Algorithm Troubleshooting
- Content Strategy
- Google My Business / Google Maps / Google Business Profile
- Multi-Location SEO
- Local SEO
- NAP Distributions
- Review Strategies
- Local SEO Keyword Rankings
- Technical SEO Audits
- Regular Site Crawls
- Site Speed Optimization
- Accessibility Audits
- Technical Error Clean-Up (e.g., redirects)
- Schema Markup
- Optimizing Shopify, WordPress, Big Commerce, Magento, Hubspot, and many others
- SEO Website Launch Support
- Post-Launch SEO Analysis
- Design Consulting
- Website Architecture / Content Framework
- Meta Data
- Keyword Research
- Video Optimization
- Content Optimization
- Semantic Optimization
- Image Optimization
- Internal & External Links
- Link reviews
- Link penalty troubleshooting/link reclamation
- Link Earning
- Competitive Link Analysis
- Directory listings / Nap Distributions
- Unlinked Mentions
- Link Monitoring
Other Digital Marketing Services We Offer:
We’re an agency focused on helping brands grow organically, so we do a lot more than provide SEO services, including :
- Content Marketing
- Content Development
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Boosting
- Data Analysis
- Google Analytics / Google Tag Manager Setup & Troubleshooting
Digital Marketing Services We Don’t Offer:
We’re committed to being best-in-class on organic growth strategies, so although our digital experts know a lot about most digital channels, we don’t offer the following services. However, for everything listed below, we have great partnerships we can leverage if you need a complete team of experts:
- PPC (Google Ads Management)
- Social Media Ads
- Advanced Conversion Rate Optimization
- Website Design
- Branding (e.g., Logos, Colors, etc.)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Amazon Marketing
- Public Relations
Our SEO Philosophy
We believe in high-quality content and developing SEO strategies for the user first and Google second. Here’s a bit more about our SEO Philosophy:
- An excellent technical platform underneath your website is vital to long-term SEO success. The goal isn’t to have a perfect site, technically, but one that isn’t holding your visibility back.
- Producing High-Quality Content Matters. Thus, Content Marketing is a crucial component of Search Engine Optimization.
- Social media marketing and email marketing are essential for promoting said content.
- Canned SEO sucks – Great SEO programs are flexible and data-driven, not tactic-driven.
- Backlinks are good for SEO. Link building is risky, and link earning is golden.
- On-Page SEO (aka content optimization) is vital, primarily semantic optimization tactics.
- SEO and your online presence are essential for both B2B & B2C brands – the tactics might just be a little different
If you have some time, we have a great SEO 101 set of training videos on our site if you want to learn more about how we think about SEO.
Who Isn’t a Good Fit for SEO with Volume Nine?
We love SEO, but there are some companies and projects that we aren’t probably the best fit for:
- Cleaning up links that got you penalized – It’s not a pretty picture; we don’t like doing it.
- Brand new startups – Good SEO takes time, especially for new baby websites. Startups tend to not have the runway required for SEO results.
- Non-unique businesses – We’ve built our processes and teams around helping unique companies connect with customers online.
- Reputation management – If you suffer in the SERPS from negative reviews and content, a PR strategist may be a better place to start.
- No runway situations – If you need results fast to keep the lights on, SEO as a channel overall might not be the starting point.