Chat GPT-3.5 vs. GPT-4 in Simple Terms + a Helpful Infographic
Wahoo! Chat-4 Is Here 🙂
Yesterday Open AI announced GPT-4 is here for pro users & for via their API.
Over the last few months, as millions of users have flocked to Chat-GPT-3.5, they’ve started to assess the tool’s power and its limitations quickly. It’s important to know that CPT-4 is an excellent iteration of 3.5, but it only fixes some of those limitations.
As such, the difference between the two can be a bit nuanced, especially for a casual user, so here’s a quick breakdown of some of the main differences.
Overall things to be aware of:
- Both are still using a database until Sept 2021 (however, you can input a current URL and ask both to analyze it for you).
- Both still provide incorrect information & hallucinate a bit, so you need to fact-check before publishing.
Some of the upgrades:
- You can provide image inputs in addition to text.
- Chat-GPT4 is more willing to answer disallowed questions, “e.g., what to do if you want to cause yourself harm.”
- Introduces human improvements & a regular improvement process, so it can understand language prompts better + give better outputs
- Both can pass the bar exam, but Chat GPT-4 aces it, while GTP-3.5 barely scraped by.
- Easier for developers to provide complicated prompts
How to get to Chat-GPT-4
You need to be a pro subscriber (if you aren’t, consider upgrading today, it’s $20 per month). Then before providing your prompt, select GPT-4 vs. 3 or 3.5.
Do you need help getting your bearings on AI and Chat-GPT 3 / 3.5 / 4? We can help! Here are a few helpful resources:
- Article – is AI content ok for SEO?
- Live Event (free) – Live in Colorado? We are hosting a meetup on March 30 to talk through AI and how you can use it for your digital marketing.
- Digital Marketing Services – We’re working hard to help clients gain efficiencies and value from Digital Marketing by integrating AI correctly. Need help with SEO, Content, Social, or Migrating to GA4? We can help!