Since we’re all usually checking our Facebook news feed every day, chances are that we’re seeing multiple Facebook promotions daily as well. Businesses are doing this to grow their community, increase brand awareness, and encourage engagement on their company page. Here at Volume Nine, we have run multiple promotions for our clients, and we have compiled a basic list of necessary things to consider in the contest process.
1. Make it Simple & Easy: Having contests or sweepstakes with simple content will illicit more entries. When promotions get too complicated with requirements and qualifications, the participation levels will decrease. It’s okay to put age and location requirements, but asking too much personal information is not suggested.
2. Encourage Sharing: Design contests or promotions so that the entrant receives more entries when they invite their friends and online communities. This gives people incentive to share and ensure that the giveaway reaches more people.
3. Manage the Community: When running a promotion, it is common to see people not understanding how the giveaway works or how to enter, and they tend to express these feelings on your page. It’s important to respond to these people as quickly as possible so they do not abandon the contest. You also might be answering someone else’s question that they didn’t want to ask. Encouraging entrants to enter and wishing them good luck is also good form during promotions.
4. Advertise the Promotion: Putting the promotion up on your Facebook page is not enough. Sure, it will receive some results, but the only way to make sure you see great results is to do a promotional campaign. This includes, but is not limited to; email blasts, Facebook ad campaigns, promoted posts, sponsored stories, listings on giveaway sites, paid posts for promotional brands, etc.
5. Establish What You Want in Results: If your main goal is to get more likes on Facebook, then you definitely want to advertise this to people who are not already fans of your page. If your main goal is to get an email list, make sure you have an opt-in option to sign up for emails. If you’re trying to get feedback on something, have a section in the form that requires feedback before entrants can enter. Establish this goal before setting up the contest.
Written by Carly Webber, Social Media Specialist at Volume Nine inc.
Volume Nine is an Internet Marketing Company based in Denver Colorado that specializes in SEO, PPC, Social Media, Website Design and Local Search Marketing. Volume Nine has been recognized by Inc 5000 and the Denver Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
We also offer full social media marketing management as part of our Internet Marketing Services.