Vitamin World Success Story
Like many brands in the e-commerce space, Vitamin World wanted to increase brand awareness and exposure to social media while growing their followers to help with remarketing opportunities. But their efforts hadn’t gotten them the results they wanted, and they weren’t able to leverage their following to increase web traffic.
To address their goals and influence people to actually visit Vitamin World’s website, V9’s team of social media experts got to work developing a strategy that focused on speaking directly to the audience they wanted to connect with — users who wanted to live a healthy lifestyle.
To connect with this target persona, V9 immediately recognized four solutions to execute on: create and consistently post branded high-quality health and wellness lifestyle content, emphasize audience-segmented social ads, connect with influencers, and generate ideas for creative contests and giveaways.
The solution V9 developed for Vitamin World focused on targeting users at the top, middle, and bottom of the social funnel. V9’s social strategists identified a unique audience, message, and techniques that would connect specifically to that group at the respective level. Ads were then disseminated across all major social media channels, reaching these targeted audiences with strategic accuracy.
- Top of the funnel: People who fit the Vitamin World persona but were unfamiliar with the brand. The message for this group revolved around promoting a lifestyle, not products. The goal for this part of the funnel was to grow Vitamin World’s brand recognition.
- Middle of the funnel: People who were much more familiar with the brand and had some level of engagement with it already. V9 used very targeted ads based on the content pages users had visited. The goal for the middle of the funnel was to build credibility and authority, both in the industry and consumers’ mind.
- Bottom of the funnel: People who had previously purchased from Vitamin World or had recently abandoned a shopping cart. V9 also realized that a healthy proportion of bottom of funnel customers was in proximity to an actual Vitamin World location. As such, local awareness campaigns were run for those in proximity to a store.
In addition to the multi-funnel marketing approach to social media, Volume Nine also developed high-quality content, established relationships with influencers, and ran several contests.
- Branded, high-quality content. Daily posting on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter helped Vitamin World deliver content developed for different audience segments with unique messaging and engagement objectives. Nothing was copied across audience segments to lend that “speaking directly to you” feel to all their social media content.
- Community and industry influencers. V9 reached out and established relationships with influential people in the fitness and nutrition industry. Building on our own network, we worked with influencers to share their content, provide them with Vitamin World products and ask for reviews, and promote products to their audiences. Our team took on outreach, communication, and follow-through to ensure a seamless influencer campaign that made a real difference for Vitamin World’s reach: over 82,000 users created stories about Vitamin World’s brand and/or products, up from 6,800 just months before.
- Contents and giveaways. To drive engagement with Vitamin World’s brand and products, V9 designed creative concepts and promotions for existing audiences to encourage them to promote new product lines. Giveaways were also created to reach new, targeted audience segments motivated by “freebies,” and it served as a great way to acquire emails via opt-ins.
Using this full-funnel approach to growing visibility on social media, Vitamin World saw robust growth in just 4 short months:
- Facebook community grew by +2,257 users
- Followers increased by 44,889
- Visits to the website from Facebook went from 8,131 to 40,752 (401% growth)
- Social sources drove 46,193 visits to the website (up from 12,461)
- Engagement in posts increased by 44%
- Facebook conversions increased by 155%
- 4,330 emails acquired from giveaways and contests
- Twitter brand mentions grew by 936%
- Over 86,000 stories were created about Vitamin World’s brand or products
For the team at V9, this was just another job well done. But for Vitamin World, it created more brand visibility that drove conversions and revenue for months to come.