For the last 13 years, Volume Nine has striven to operate with exemplary business ethics, do community service, help local businesses, and do the right thing when presented with any particular issue or situation.
Enough is enough and doing the right thing now means that we will no longer stay silent as it relates to the systemic racism that black, indigenous, and people of color in our country continue to endure.
Black lives matter.
Recent events (and all the ones that have come before them) have made it very clear that we need to do more. We have a responsibility to take action to combat the racism and discrimination that plagues our society.
As a digital marketing agency, here are some initial steps we are taking:
- All employees will receive last-minute time off to join protests, help their communities, or just take mental breaks to deal with everything going on.
- We are going to recognize Juneteenth as a company holiday from now on. This year our offices will be closed on Friday, June 19th.
- We have created a coalition of fellow marketing agencies to participate in a movement called Adopt a Shop to provide free marketing support to locally owned small businesses in Colorado. Black and minority-owned businesses will be given priority to be paired with local agencies to receive free marketing.
- As an agency, we will not tolerate our marketing services being used to discriminate against others, nor will we support businesses that condone discrimination of any kind.
- As we have more resources available, we will begin exploring organizations that we can support through additional pro-bono work or financial commitments.
We will continue to support the needed change in our society and look for meaningful ways to contribute. Black lives matter. There is no in-between. We are not 100% sure of the path forward, but the wrong thing to do is nothing.
– Chuck & Natalie