Here at Volume Nine, we love to vacation in the great outdoors. So when Limelight Hotels – a boutique hotel chain with locations in Aspen, CO and Ketchum, ID – approached us to help increase online awareness of their new hotel in Ketchum, we jumped at the opportunity.
- Increase organic traffic and visits to their Ketchum pages and blog, measured by website sessions to the pages and blog from organic traffic.
- Increase keywords ranking, measured by the number of keywords ranking in SERPs for Limelight Ketchum pages.
- Improve page authority, measured by the ability for a page to rank in Google.
With a thriving industry and a fun brand, we knew we could strike marketing gold if the message got in front of the right people. Our core strategies were:
Build a new site structure
To improve user experience and reduce bounce rate, we restructured the Limelight Ketchum pages using easy-to-navigate content silos. We also improved the information architecture of the site to support usability and findability.
Create a targeted blogging strategy
We developed a blogging strategy to target specific keywords related to Limelight and activities and events in Ketchum. The strategy included four posts per month optimized with focus keywords to bring top-of-the-funnel organic traffic to the Limelight blog.
Goal #1) Increase organic traffic and visits to Ketchum pages and the blog
Goal #2) Increase keyword rankings for Limelight Ketchum
Goal #3) Improve page authority
- Organic users increase by 60.82% compared to the previous year
- The Limelight Ketchum silo saw 21,309 sessions from organic traffic in one year.
- Pageviews to the Limelight blog increased by 101.5% from the previous year.
Planning a vacation to Ketchum? Limelight is a perfect home base for exploring the stunning mountains of Sun Valley.